A card for both Mums

I didn’t have a huge amount of time to complete the two cards for my Mother and my Mother-in-Law. I had received my new Sizzix Originals die (Bunny w/ Flower) just a couple of weeks ago and wanted to use it for Mother’s Day cards and Easter!!

I had an idea in mind of what I wanted this card to look like, and they came out better than expected!!

Rose Mothers Day Card Mar 2010

Using my new XCut system, I cut a medium oval aperture toward the bottom of the card. I cut out a larger oval in dark purple to mount the bunny onto. I stuck this on the inside front of the card, on 3D pads. On the second card I made (which I don’t have a photo of), I embossed the dark purple oval with my Sizzix “Dots” Embossing folder.
I layered the Bunny with paper here and regretted it. The second card, I used cardstock, which came out much better!
The images stamped were from the See-D’s “Springtime Swirls” kit. The Mum are die cuts from my Sizzix “In My Heart” 35-die Alphabet set.

Rose Mothers Day Card Detail Mar 2010
I am in love with the Stampin’ Up! Scallop Circle punch, and love making different flowers from them. The purple flower has a blob of Stickles “Star Dust” on every other petal, and the petals without the Stickles I have pierced three small holes. And finished off with a cute button for the centre!

Rose Mothers Day Card Detail 2 Mar 2010

This pink flower I cut down every other petal to create a “heart” shape. I lightly inked the edges and sides of the petals. Down one side on each I made five holes with my piercing tool. I then creased them and added a 5mm Gem Brad (from PaperMania, I think!!)

Insides of cards can often be neglected, and so I wanted to work on this too.

Rose Mothers Day Card 2 Mar 2010

I hadn’t planned on using a scallop circle punch for the stamped sentiment on the lhs, but I smudged the original stamped image, and needed to cover it up!!! The stamp set used is by Stampin’ Up! and is the “Whimsical Word” set. I think it worked well, and it does look better than how I had originally planned it. The edges have been inked with purple.
I have used bows too much recently, so decided to use just a plain piece of ribbon to finish off the patterned paper.
The Happy Mother’s Day sentiment was stamped, again, using the “Springtime Swirls” kit, as is the butterfly.

The butterflies looked a little too plain, so I used a dab of glue in the centre of their upper wings, then sprinkled on some “Soft Pink” Ultra Fine Glitter from Kars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment